Transportation Guide in Jeddah
The best option for transportation in Jeddah for you will depend on your budget, your needs, and your preferences.
- Taxis: Taxis are readily available and are a convenient way to get around the city. The fare is metered, but it is advisable to agree on a price with the driver before getting in.
- Ride-hailing Apps: Uber and Careem are popular apps that are available in Jeddah. The fares are comparable to taxis, but Uber drivers are generally more reliable and courteous, and Careem offers a van option for larger groups.
- Bus: There is a public bus system for transportation in Jeddah, but it is not as efficient as the taxi or ride-hailing apps. The buses are also not very comfortable, so they are not the best option for long journeys. To book your bus tickets, check out the Bus Station & Ticket Agent section at Saptco.com.
- Metro: The Jeddah Metro is currently under construction, but it is expected to be completed in 2023. The metro will be a convenient and affordable mode of transportation in Jeddah.
Rent a car: If you are planning on doing a lot of sightseeing or traveling outside of Jeddah, renting a car is a good option. There are many car rental companies available in the city.
Jeddah offers a range of accommodation options catering to different budgets. Mid-range hotels are abundant, and luxury options can be found near the Corniche. Local restaurants and street food stalls offer affordable dining options, while high-end restaurants cater to those seeking a fine dining experience.
- Flight costs: The cost of a flight to Jeddah will vary depending on the time of year, the airline, and the city you are flying from. A round-trip flight from New York City to Jeddah can cost anywhere from $500 to $1,500.
- Accommodation costs: The cost of accommodation in Jeddah will vary depending on the type of accommodation you choose, the location, and the time of year. A bed in a hostel dorm can cost as little as SAR 50 per night, while a room in a luxury hotel can cost upwards of SAR 1,000 per night. You can book the best hotels in Jeddah seamlessly with Umrahme.
- Food and drink costs: The cost of food and drinks in Jeddah is relatively affordable. A meal at a local restaurant can cost around SAR 20, while a meal at a mid-range restaurant can cost around SAR 50. A bottle of water can cost around SAR 1.
- Transportation costs: The cost of transportation in Jeddah is also relatively affordable. A taxi ride within the city can cost around SAR 10, while a bus ride can cost around SAR 2.
- Tours costs: The cost of tours in Jeddah will vary depending on the type of tour you choose and the duration of the tour. A half-day city tour can cost around SAR 100, while a full-day desert safari can cost around SAR 300.
- Shopping costs: The cost of shopping in Jeddah is also relatively affordable. You can find souvenirs and local handicrafts for around SAR 10, while clothes and electronics can be more expensive.
Travel insurance is mandatory for Saudi Arabia. All visitors to Saudi Arabia must have travel medical insurance that covers COVID-19 treatment. Travel insurance can help you cover the cost of medical expenses, cancellations, and other unforeseen events that may occur during your trip. It is important to choose a travel insurance plan that is right for you and your needs.
Here are some things to consider when choosing a travel insurance plan for Jeddah:
- The coverage limits: Make sure the plan has adequate coverage for medical expenses, cancellations, and other unforeseen events.
- The deductible: The deductible is the amount of money you will have to pay out of pocket before the insurance company starts to pay. Choose a plan with a low deductible if you are worried about high medical costs.
- The exclusions: Make sure you understand the exclusions in the plan. These are events that are not covered by the insurance.
- The waiting period: Some plans have a waiting period before they start to cover medical expenses. Make sure you understand the waiting period before you buy the plan.
You can purchase travel insurance from a variety of insurance companies. It is a good idea to compare plans before you buy one.